Monday, May 30, 2011

What does 100 calories look like?

Today I spent some time portioning out some foods, and I decided to make each bag contain 100cal of whatever it was.  What a difference between 100cal of almonds and 100cal of carrots!
 Then I compared 100cal of carrots and almonds to Craisins, chicken and FiberOne cereal!  All the same calorie value!
 I had such a great time with the steamed broccoli the other night, I thought I'd package it out, then came the green beans, which was the hugest volume of food.
 Wegmans Coco Pops crackers, so yummy and light at only 16cal each.  This compared to Arrowhead Steel Cut Oats, but probably the oats are more satisfying.  I can't get past the gas they produce.
 OK, a Deli Flat.  That's 100cal. But check out what 100cal of Hellmann's Mayo looks like!  I could swallow that in one bite.
 The Hormel Turkey Pepperoni is very yummy, and you get like 25 pieces for 100cal!  Too darn high in sodium.  Same for dill pickles - you can eat 2/3 of the jar for 100cal!
OK, we know fat is calorie-dense.  One table spoon of margarine vs. 3 wedges of Laughing Cow Lite!
 Snacks - can't forget them.  This is what 100cal of unpopped popcorn looks like.  Not much, especially when I'm making it.  Best value out there - sugar-free chocolates!
 A favorite Friday night meal: Fish and rice.  Here's 100cal of each.  I usually have 2 fish fillets and probably twice as much rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment