Monday, June 6, 2011

Catching Up Monday

Had a good weigh-in today at Boot Camp - down 2lb!  (I'm in the 240s for the first time since post-op catabolism.)  This in spite of a hi-sodium weekend, and no structured exercise.  Last week started out slow -- well, hold on, the week started out great because I'd lost 2lb over the weekend, which is quite rare for me.  I don't think I've EVER lost weight over a weekend.  Usually gain a fair bit then spend the first few days of the new week trying to get back to par.  Anyway, Monday (Memorial Day) was a victory moment because I lost (woo-hoo!), however realized I "looked better on paper" which might make it tougher to accomplish the percent of weight loss "on paper" that I would need to succeed at this Summer Challenge.  But like I said on my application, regardless of whether I was chosen for the challenge or not, I need to lose the weight so... in the end it's weight lost and it's good!  Anyway, Monday I had a cook-out at Mom & Dad's which was yummy but deadly for the diet.... 1300cal in ONE MEAL at their house!  Weight jumped the next AM and stayed up a few days.  I didn't get the numbers back down til mid-week, Thursday maybe, and it was a nice jump.  Started targeting limiting sodium, and Sarah and Marianne (another gal who's lost great numbers) kept repeating, DRINK MORE WATER!  I thought I drank plenty but I DRANK MORE.  I also got 8 square hrs of sleep Sun. PM.  Then I lost MORE weight over the weekend!  YAY!!

I think the advice is good.  I am also trying to closely adhere to Jeremy & Sarah's nutrition handout, and make more food as opposed to eating packaged food.  I also feel one of the biggest helps is J&S believe I can succeed.  THAT is a big boost.  I reaaaaaally appreciate this opportunity, I appreciate their faith in me, I know 30 other people would have liked that spot in the challenge. 

So my goals are pretty simple: eat clean, exercise (I try to get at least one other 20-30 min session in besides BC, sometimes at lunch, sometimes when I get home, SOMETIMES BOTH!!), drink water plenty, and get rested.  Oh, and avoid "sabotages."  Not really deliberate attempts by other people to derail me, but situations that I allow myself to participate in, like eating out with friends, eating goodies that nice people bring to work.  Nothing good comes of it!  We'll see how the month goes.

I also thought my face looked thinner; haven't taken my picture yet, but I might!  Then I will be sure to post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment