Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Challenge Update

Friday, June 24 was the final June weigh-in at BC, and I lost 12lb since the final Friday weigh-in of May!!  TWELVE POUNDS!  This rocks, however it wasn't good enough to keep me in the top 2 of the Summer Weight Loss Challenge at Boot Camp.  My classmate Katie was in 5th place and is out of the competition.  She is really sweet and very enthusiastic.  We will miss her if she can't make it back.  I am in a vote-off with Linda, for my place next month.  Cross fingers!  It took some guts to put myself out there online and ask for help, and feel "exposed."  People can do the math, people might know how much I weigh!  Gasp.  But, I did it and I hope I succeed.

Jeremy and Sarah seemed genuinely impressed with my weight loss.  They said they knew if they included a current Boot-Camper, that person would be at a definite dis-advantage, because it's harder to lose weight the further into your journey you go.  They feel the weight loss will even out with the other participants who are just starting out and have lots of soft fat & water etc.  I feel like I see a waist emerging, yay!

Sleep is still a challenge for me.  I resolve not to park in my recliner in front of NCIS reruns, but... sometimes I do.  Sometimes I go to bed on a sleep aid, and I theorize I feel groggy the next day for it. 

I need to get back with God... I don't turn to Him much, except of course when I need something.  Need to get my Prayer Journal off the shelf and also my Appreciation Journal.  Life really is good no matter what.  Sometimes we focus on the hard negative things.

Thought I had the other day, after returning home from my End-of-First-Month Meeting with J&S: You can HAVE the impulses to make poor (food) choices; just don't ACT on them!!  Applicable of course to many things in life...

I can't believe I had this thought: I need larger produce bins in my refrigerator!  And who would have imagined ME buying 8 bags of frozen broccoli??  But that's the way, Cath.  I weighed in this morning lighter than that bathroom scale has EVER seen me: 242.8.  Lighter than after surgery.  My goal thru July 4 is to get below 240, on my scale, repeated if I need to prove it!  I HAVE LOST 70LB!!

Yikes listen to this: I have five special dinners this week!
  1. Monday PM: Birthday dinner with Sherry & Kathy... I am trying to be gracious.  Don't "feel like" going.  Don't "feel like" hanging out with them for any dinner, any time.
  2. Tues., M&D are taking me out for B-day dinner.  They won't say where, but I will do the best I can.  Maybe I am there to be an example to them, because I don't believe they would try to sabotage my weight loss efforts.  We just always ALWAYS eat a day's calories when we eat together.  I can be strong, and eat right for me, and enjoy the meal.
  3. Wed. or Fri., Becky and I are getting together for my B-day.  Either at my house Wed., or maybe we'll meet somewhere Fri. for dinner.
  4. Thurs: Natalie and I are having dinner at a restaurant in Rochester for a CE meeting.  Better find out if they have an online menu, although... I doubt they will be serving us off a menu.
  5. Sat: July 2, my 46th birthday, we are having our BAH 8th Anniversary Party.  I've begged Ted not to get ribs... not to go overboard.
Time to get to bed.  No BC this week -- off for the week.  I will get my exercise in though!  I lost weight before BC and I will continue to lose weight.  I have a goal for July, to lose 12lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment