Monday, May 2, 2011

I started back at Boot Camp this morning - it feels both GREAT to be back, and wearying!  I am already sore.  We did mild activity, probably 20min.  Squats were at once excellent, and OMG my thighs.  KNEE FEELS GREAT!!  I came home and did Leslie's one-mile walk.  Got to 45min on the BB!  4600 steps so far.  Figured, the bra was only mildly grunged up, let 'er rip.  I will also try to work out several times a day - I think that is what it is going to take to meet my goals.  I weighed in heavier than I've been in awhile, November I guess.  My goals in life and for BC are, regain as much flexibility as I can out of this knee; get another 60lb off; and fit into my Tall Trainer T-shirt that I got after completing my first month back in October.  It's an XL, and while it goes on over my head... it ain't a pretty sight.  Some bodies shouldn't be displayed in skin-tight clothing.  Muffin-top teenagers are one, and I am another.

I am amazed that 5 months ago today I had the surgery, spent most of the first month not even being able to lift my own foot, and now I am jogging in place, doing squats, etc!  YAY! 

I am going to record the weight I get here in the mornings; the scale at TT weighs me a few lbs. heavier and I can't always remember the number.  This morning I am 258.2.  Thursday, Dec. 2 I was 251.6.  I was in the 240's in the hospital after surgery.  My lowest recorded weight was 242.4 on December 17, and that was after I started having regular BMs again, yay!  I first re-hit 250 on Feb. 9, 2011, so that's 2 months keeping the weight off.  I am going to anticipate some contraction initially because the system should pretty much be in shock at the increased activity level (not so back in October - I had been working out to some degree; and I am indeed pretty soft and out of shape right now) and I think the last few days I've been throwing caution to the wind and eating what pleased me, and consuming far too much salt.  Time to tighten back up on the nutrition.  Accountability!  Here I come, Sarah!


I like the style and content of Ben's blog, and might being recording thoughts, weights, milestones here.  I am now looking back to my post-surgical experience with minor regret because I didn't record anything.  All those milestones, struggles, highs, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment