Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Project

I have decided to put myself through a summertime improvement course on how to deal with people (including myself). There's no good summer TV, and I've already got lots of material to use (several semesters' worth). Seems there's a bit too much saying out loud what I'm thinking, and as much as I appreciate my own opinion =-) that's not always appropriate.

One Big Lesson: Learn to keep my mouth shut and thoughts to myself. NO ONE is as fascinated with them as you are.

READING LIST so far:

  • Norman Vincent Peale: Positive Thinking Every Day
  • Robert Bramson: Coping With Difficult People
  • Viktor Frankl: Man's Search for Meaning
  • Robert Cialdini: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
  • Dale Carnegie: How to Win Friends and Influence People
  • Dale Carnegie: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
  • Dale Carnegie: How to Enjoy Your Life and Your Job
  • Cesar Milan: Be the Pack Leader
  • W. Timothy Gallwey: The Inner Game of Tennis
  • Brinkman & Kirschner: Dealing With People You Can't Stand
  • Beverly Engel: The Power of Apology
  • Beverly Engel: Healing Your Emotional Self
  • Joyce Meyer: Peace

CONCRETE CHANGES:

  • Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented & happy attitudes, and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful. NVP, Jan. 24
  • First thing every morning before you arise, say out loud, "I believe" three times. NVP, Jan. 26
  • Act the way you need to be. NVP, Jan. 27
  • Quick analysis of the situation... what would help most? Behaving pissy and petty? Acting positive and supportive? ACT THAT WAY!
  • Practice Word Therapy. Say the powerful, mind-healing words over to yourself every day. Let them recondition your stressful attitudes. NVP, Jan. 29
  • At least 10 times every day, affirm, "I expect the best and with God's help will attain the best." NVP, Apr. 5
  • God's peace deeply embedded in your mind can often have a more tranquilizing and healing effect upon nerves and tension than medicine. God's peace is itself medicinal. NVP, July 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment