Sunday, July 4, 2010

Balance

Philosophical topic for my FB Friends... tell me about BALANCE in your life. Everyone has busy lives, important work, big decisions, people to please, bills to pay. How do you achieve and maintain BALANCE?

  • I make sure I make time for ME. That means I go work out a few times a week, as well as having a glass of wine, and time to go see silly accordion players when they are in town. I play as hard as I work. I figure that if I am not taken care of, I can't be on my A game to do all those other things. I've been a pretty happy person most of the time--but the last year has been particularly great...and a lot of it was finally realizing that the situation I was in work wise wasn't something I could fix, and it was OK to walk away from it.
  • Personally, I think balance fluctuates. If you figure out how to find it AND maintain, let me know. But, you can't stress about it, cuz then you will be out of balance....
  • Setting realistic goals - Instead of saying - I'm going to clean the entire house today, I think, I'll be happy if I get 2 rooms done. Instead of saying - I'm going to exercise every day this week, I think, I'm going to exercise at least 3 days. I say I'm going to work until 7 each night this week and really get a lot done instead, I say - I'm going to work until 7 on 2 nights and try to get out of there by 5 on the other nights etc........that way, I'm happy for what I've accomplished instead of mad at myself for what I didn't get done and I get a lot more done.
  • A long time ago I realized that a good motto to try to live your life by is "don't sweat the small stuff"....this puts all things in perspective and allows one to realize just how many things can be thought of as the small stuff, especially compared to others troubles.
  • I immerse myself in the WORD of God it is consistent, always there, never changes
  • Only try to control the things you can, let go of the others....spend time with people who make you happy, let loose of (or minimize time) with those that suck the life out of you, do the things you enjoy doing, do things for others that need and appreciate your efforts, keep a smile on your face, don't take any crap from people, businesses, etc,... RESPECT... expect it and don't take anything less, be good to yourself and do not forget that you are special! It is a struggle, but oh so rewarding because the better you feel, the more you can accomplish and next thing you know....you are closer to balance. Good topic!
  • I don't know! I thought it was talking with my husband about EVERYTHING but I am enjoying MY time right now learning to run and being by myself - I think it changes! Thanks for letting me ramble!
  • From Joyce Meyer, Peace: First Peter 5:8 says: "Be well balanced, be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring, seeking someone to seize upon and devour."

No comments:

Post a Comment