Friday, July 2, 2010

Mentally divorced from horses

I have been thinking about this since the Honeoye 5K on May 1. At that point it had been a year since I made the decision to get the horses out of my barn. That was probably the BEST decision I could have made. It had been a long time since I was happy taking care of the horses. I can't imagine having to go thru another winter with them, even if it was only 3. I needed to spend my time and energy elsewhere. It's frustrating knowing your efforts aren't appreciated, are expected and taken for granted. Bleh. Glad I got out. Don't miss it, haven't missed a thing about it since October 3 when the barn was emptied. It was about becoming unencumbered, about lightening up in sooo many ways. Insert smiley face here, and move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment