Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday evening mellow

It's just after 6PM, I'm just out of the shower and I'm whupped. Mid-morning visit with Mom at the Pines that wasn't brief, let's say. Home by noon to let horses in. Managed to divert my attention elsewhere for 2 hours... newspaper, computer, maybe a card game or 2. Headed out to start my under-the-tree rings that I've been planning and plotting for 2 months or more. Edged all 3 tree rings, applied a 2"-ish layer of mushroom mulch then hardwood mulch, on top of a layer of brown paper bag. They look nice, very tidy. Too whupped tonite to transplant anything from the sunroom garden, but I expect that will be my first-thing-in-the-morning project.

I am *hoping* I have enough energy tonite to can some salsa... scoping out recipes. I don't like the way my favorite recipe salsa froze and thawed... live and learn, at least it was only one pint.

No comments:

Post a Comment