Saturday, October 22, 2011

People don't RECOGNIZE me!!

Thursday this week, I got to witness the effect weight loss has on others.  I haven't seen David Perry in some time; maybe a year or close to it.  He hadn't seen my new knee, so it's probably been since last year.  When I entered the waiting room to greet him, I saw his face change, saw the expressions on his face go from the eye contact of acknowledgement but non-recognition, to recognition, to disbelief.  I actually watched him go from polite, "Hi, how are you (new person)" to, "WOW! That's really YOU?? It's hard to believe that's really you!"  That was awesome!  Then he said I looked not just awesome but freaking awesome!  hahaha!  That was great too, being appreciated for my LOOKS!  (I'd insert a smiley if I knew how to) ;-)

I have meant to write this for awhile now; I get complements nearly every day on my weight loss.  Apparently it is noticeable, even though I fail to notice it!  That's not the same as not appreciating it; I am just used to my own face and shape.  GLAD it is different!

No comments:

Post a Comment